McCain Library

McCain Library

Monday, October 5, 2009

Technology.


I was required to do an "E-media Fast" for one of my classes before. We were made to go twenty-four hours without technology. That meant no cell phones, no music, no television, or anything of the sort. Even riding in our cars, we had to turn off the radio. Our class was given the whole semester to choose one day to do this fast. It seemed like it'd be such a hard task. Texting is something I constantly do and I am always, like the rest of the world, checking my Facebook. Technology has become a crutch for many people as a cure to boredom as well as for many other things.

I finally chose a day. The day turned out a lot easier than I expected. It was very relaxing. I read a book for the majority of the day. I also took a run. For the last part of my day, I hung out with friends. We made it into a game night. It was a lot of fun. The day ended up being nice and also productive. I got a lot more done than I would have if I would have been texting or on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment